Monday, October 15, 2012

Gracelyns Birth

 

After 41 weeks of anticipation my sweet little Gracie was born peacefully in my arms. I went to bed around 10pm on Tuesday September 18th listening to "Come Out Baby" Hypnobabies track. I woke up at 1:38 am feeling a few pressure waves, but nothing strong. They were continuing to come even while laying down, so I thought I would get up and go to the bathroom. While I was in there I noticed a little fluid come out. I didnt take it too seriously, but I did put a pad on just in case. I woke Jake up to go downstairs to get me water. We both went back to sleep thinking it was just another false alarm. I put on Hypnobabies peaceful sleep track hoping to sleep through my "practice pressure waves". After only about 10 minutes I woke up at 2:01am feeling pressure, so I woke Jake up to time them. Within 1 minute I got another one, but this time I heard and felt POP! My water broke and the pressure wave became VERY strong! I knew it was time. I immediately told Jake call Sheridan, call Lindsay. I knew the baby was coming quick. I went to the bathroom and started transformation. I had Jake bring me my iphone so I could turn on Hypnobabies. My birthing time was intense but completely comfortable as I stayed in hypnosis. I listened to my birthing day affirmations while I sat on the toilet and waited for the birth tub to be filled. Sheridan arrived, said a quick hello and went to help Jake. Inside I was thinking, hey Im the one that needs you, but I knew I couldn't come out of hypnosis at this point. When I saw Sheridan again I asked to get in the tub. She said, its hot and half filled. I got up and got in. The water felt fabulous and I was in the zone. I was with my eyes closed and head leaning on the side of the birth tub. The next thing I knew I felt the babies head moving FAST down my birth canal. Like a bowling ball being returned down the lane. I started feeling pushy, so I quietly started gently pushing and praying. Sheridan and Jake didn't know I was so far along. Jake even offered to go down stairs to get Sheridan some water. When I heard this, I came out of hypnosis and said, "no don't go, the baby is coming!" So he picked up the video camera. As I pushed I knew the babies head was big, so I started gently moving my perineum out of the way so she could fit. I gently pushed a few more times and her head was born and then less than a 1 minute later her body followed. I picked her up out of the water and was instantly in love! She was born 40 minutes after my water broke at 2:40, 1 hour from being awaken from what I thought were practice waves! My midwife Lindsay and her assistant Courtney (both journey school moms) walked in right when Gracie cried her first cry. I felt amazing afterwards. I got up with my babe, after birthing my humongous placenta and got into my bed and nursed her. I then took a shower and then cuddled up  with my hubby and our 10 pound 1ounce baby. After some quiet time with just the three of us, Gracies sisters woke up and came in to meet their new sister. They were more than thrilled to find out that mommy's baby was another GIRL!

 This was my perfect birth. All my preparation, birth education and patience paid off. This birth was one of the most spiritual moments of my life!




7 comments:

Larsens said...

That was amazing to witness , you are a super women !!! I love you so much.

Lindsay said...

I loved hearing about this on the phone, and reading about it just now! You are amazing! I hope that I can have a good experience too!

Shawna said...

Awesome story! I'm g;ad it went well, and was such a spiritual experience. By the way way to go with 10 lbs! :)

Carol Swift said...

You just popped up in my Blogger dashboard. Aren't you private anymore? It was fun to stroll through your blog and see how cute (and big) your girls have gotten. Love your birthing story and congratulations!

Ron said...

A few words came to mind while I read this... pioneer woman are two. Brave is an other. I don't know how you stayed so calm, same for Jake. Good job you two.

Enjoy Birth said...

It was such an honor to be there! :) Magical indeed.

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/tips-memulai-bisnis-kuliner-daerah-pakai-pinjaman-uangteman